Family planning is about the choice a couple makes with regards to having children in general. This could be about the timing of pregnancy or the number of births. It could also be about handling postpartum and post-abortion issues. It also involves helping in decisions that some couples struggle with, especially at the beginning of their marriage. Couples therapy helps couples handle this issue and subsequently makes them both feel more connected and loved.
How can Family Therapy Help with Family Planning?
Family counseling supports both partners in solving problems related to deciding the family planning methods that best fit them. Couples therapy provides a safe space for both partners to talk in a vulnerable, softer way about their fears, longings, and expectations regarding family planning.
Both spouses are encouraged in couples’ therapy to discuss the benefits of family planning in a comfortable way allowing for effective communication even if differences in opinion arise. Moreover, including couples’ therapy in their family planning enables both partners to manage their sexual reproductive health and make informed choices.
A family therapist aids couples in addressing their individual family planning needs in light of their circumstances and explores the impact of their choices on their relationship. A marriage and family therapist can also generate alternatives for the couple and help them develop a realistic plan.
Benefits of Including Therapy in Family Planning
- Couples can discover and acknowledge each other ’s needs, concerns, and knowledge about family planning.
- Couples can engage in a positive, productive, and interactive discussion about family planning.
- Partners can focus on options and alternatives together.
- A Therapist can facilitate better problem-solving and effective communication where both partners feel validated and heard.
- Couples can utilize the information provided by the therapist to build on existing knowledge about family planning.
- Tailored options to specific family planning needs.
- Women can receive advice on caring for themselves and getting help from their spouses throughout the process.
Finally, it is essential to understand that family planning could be quite challenging for a couple. Therefore, involving an experienced, caring, and non-judgmental couples’ therapist can make a huge difference. As a Marriage and Family Therapist in Dubai, I work with couples to overcome family planning challenges. I do this by guiding and providing them with key tools as well as teaching them new skills to handle the difficulties of family planning.
Marriage counseling in Dubai and Couples therapy in Dubai are extremely effective. So, if you are searching for a professional and a highly qualified marriage counselor and couple’s therapist that is an ICEEFT certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist (EFT) in Dubai to help you navigate the decisions pertaining to family planning, please reach out to me.
I meet my clients face to face in my office in Dubai or do marriage and family counseling online. So if you feel like speaking to a Family and Couples Counselor and doing couples therapy at the convenience of your home, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on WhatsApp at +971 502 369 395.